Sunday, February 10, 2008

music blurb...fireflight...unbreakable

Fireflight, Unbreakable.
From The Phantom Tollbooth, rates Fireflight's new album 4/5.

"Truly, Fireflight has grown by leaps and bounds in every area. Loaded with rocking hooks, tempo changes, and irresistible choruses, this one opens with a slinky-like guitar and strings interacting before slamming rhythms blow your hair straight back. "Unbreakable," the backdrop music on the promos for NBC's Bionic Woman television show, is one of the strongest Christian rock songs in a long time, both in music and lyrics. The opening verse asserts an awareness of the pitfalls and the strength to face them.

Where are the people that accuse me?
The ones who beat me down and abuse me
They hide, just out of sight
Can't face me in the light
They'll return, but I'll be stronger

And with a chorus that asks for more of God, "Unbreakable" takes on an anthem quality.

God I want to dream again
Take me where I've never been
I want to go there
This time I'm not scared
Now I am unbreakable
It's unmistakable
No one can touch me
Nothing can stop me."

Unbreakable Cover:


Unbreakable: