from StandtoreasonBlog:
Surely, we want to help save those lives that can be by organ transplant. But here's the new line being proposed here: at the cost of another person's life. The fit - those that can be made fit again - survive at the cost of the weak. One life is taken to benefit another. That's not a more merciful solution. That is a frightening, logical consequence of an evolutionary view of life.
From the serious to the ridiculous: Monty Python "Live Organ Translplants" Key phraes: "We need your liver." "But I'm still using it."
Need I state the obvious? (Yes, apparently.) The definition of death and the guidelines for organ transplant should protect those who are still using them.
Surely, we want to help save those lives that can be by organ transplant. But here's the new line being proposed here: at the cost of another person's life. The fit - those that can be made fit again - survive at the cost of the weak. One life is taken to benefit another. That's not a more merciful solution. That is a frightening, logical consequence of an evolutionary view of life.
From the serious to the ridiculous: Monty Python "Live Organ Translplants" Key phraes: "We need your liver." "But I'm still using it."
Need I state the obvious? (Yes, apparently.) The definition of death and the guidelines for organ transplant should protect those who are still using them.
