Tuesday, June 16, 2009

culture blurb...matt and jock

Dear Jock (Doubleday),

Interesting to see some of your stuff on your facebook and your websites.
Of note, I share lots of understanding of details with you...acoutrimants so to speak.

But almost nothing, it appears that is foundational. It appears there is someone always to blame for something in your worldview. Of course, perhaps you are merely being ironic and we actually share many foundational understandings.


My worldview would be represented by this piece of art:

Matt





Everything is broken
Everything is broken
Everything is breaking down, breaking down

Everything is bleeding
Everything is bleeding
Everything is breaking down, breaking down

I pledge allegiance to a country without borders, without politicians

Watching for my sky to get torn apart
We are broken, we are bitter
We're the problem, we're the politicians
Watching for our sky to get torn apart
C'mon and break me

Entropy and Aching
Where have we been aiming?
Everything is fading out, fading out
We are the faded, splitted, and sedated
Everything is fading out, fading out

Watching for my sky to get torn apart
We are broken, we are bitter
We're the problem, we're the politicians
Watching for our sky to get torn apart
C'mon and break me
C'mon and break me

I am broken, I am bitter
I'm the problem, I'm the politician
Watching for my sky to get torn apart
C'mon and break me
C'mon and break me Everything is broken
Everything is broken
Everything is breaking down, breaking down