I watched this last night. Overall it was refreshing and entertaining. My favorite line was:
Mahoney : Mutant... when you look at me, what do you see?
Henry : Really pretty eyes. ( chuckles)
Mahoney : (laughs) No. I mean... like, do you see a sparkle?
Henry : You mean, now? Like, glitter on your face?
Mahoney : No, like, you know, a sparkle.
Henry : I... What kind of sparkle?
Mahoney : Like... something reflective of something bigger that's trying to get out...
Deep down we all have this hunger for something bigger that wants to get out. The important thing is the direction this desire takes. Individualistic romanticism (our culture) would say that it's different from everyone. Everyone is so unique that they need to find their own passion. Girardians would counter this with: Desire is immitative and when our desire immitates the world's desires we don't actually find ourselves; our desires then lead us away from our true selves. Our true selves can only be found in relationship with Jesus.
Three-minute drum solo on a bodhrán
6 hours ago