When there is no God, we are the authors of our own lives...no grand plan to fit into...just whatever it is that's important to you that defines importance...kind of like adolescence...from The Independent:
"Veteran politician who has lived with Parkinson's disease for 12 years has told the Scottish Parliament that she wants to have the right to choose to die should her condition deteriorate to a point where her life is unbearable.
"As you know, I have a degenerative condition," said Ms MacDonald, 64. "And I would like to have the right to determine by how much my capacity to fulfil my social function, my familial functions, my personal functions is going to be truncated.
"And I would like to have the ability to take that decision. I don't want to burden any doctor. I don't want to burden any friend or family member. I want to find a way in which I can take the decision to end my life in case I'm unlucky enough to have the worst form of Parkinson's." I want, I want, I want...
Assisted suicide in secular society is inevitible...Here's a thought: If you want to kill yourself, instead of enlisting assistance, do it yourself. I hear the most humane way is hypothermia. You know like the Eskimo's used to do. Most secular societies have sufficient cold weather...certainly all of Europe does. It's also ecologically sound in that no extra chemicals or energy is used. Also it seems like it's somehow in tune with Mother Earths' rhythms.
There are two types of sumac
3 hours ago