Saturday, November 17, 2007

tv blurb...the office

from Charity's Place: "Christian content is few and far between but there’s no disrespect to the faith itself. Michael believes that God helps him succeed in the business world (but the Almighty is his 4th in command). A couple of “oh my G**s” are injected into various conversations. There is some disrespectful behavior on Michael’s part where he tells Pam she’s getting laid off due to budget cuts and that she stole office supplies (the allegations are false). Pam bursts into tears and Michael then lets her know that he was merely joking; she calls him a jerk and storms out of the office.
I liked this show. I was never interested in watching it but decided to give it a try and enjoyed it. It’s funny and if I ever had to work in a corporate office, I’d love to work in an environment like that since there’s never a dull moment. Rainn Wilson is a classic scene stealer as the “assistant TO the regional manager.” He’s geeky, smart, and tries to do his best to please his boss (especially the episode where he’s picked to choose a new company healthcare plan, which angers everyone because it doesn’t provide much except for a $400 deductible). The show is not for kids, particularly because the humor would go over their heads. It’s a great show for teenagers and adults despite some slight toilet and blue humor."