Friday, November 2, 2007

movie blurb...The Thrill of it all

Charity's Place has another 5/5 movie to recommend: "I’d rented it more for James Garner, as my family and I have been watching his Rockford Files DVD’s. Despite initial misgivings, this is an adorable comedy that may even find a place among my favorite classic tales. Being a doctor, one of Gerald’s patients is an older woman who after twenty years of marriage has finally become pregnant. She and her husband make for a humorous side story and nice addition to the film. Most the time when I rent an old movie, it is a drag for me to actually sit down and watch it. Once home, I’ll often think I’d prefer watching the latest installment in my favorite World War II series or the latest chick flick, but all those thoughts are soon gone as the plot begins to unfold and comedy ensues. "