Thursday, November 8, 2007

I was a fool today blurb

I was at a chili cook off contest today. I was walking around with a guy Chris and a gal Nancy. There were 22 chillies to sample - and we were voting on the single best chili. Nancy mentioned she liked #7, I noted it was spicy like chili powder. The next one she pointed out was #13, spicy again. Then we came to #20; I was in the lead. I said "You should really like this one, it tastes like someone dumped a packet of chili powder in and that's all they did." She said: "That's the one I entered in the contest."

I don't know if I hurt Nancy's feelings. I was so embarrassed I felt my face turn red. I'll apologize tomorrow. In my ego bathing attempt to be funny and draw attention, I made a fool of myself. What if it wasn't Nancy's but someone else who overheard me and they had worked so hard on their chili. I will spend time in prayer tonight to ask for forgiveness and ask for help with my attention grabbing ego.