From Seattle PI.com "...Kate Lewis and...Pat Hendrickson became the second team eliminated from The Amazing Race 12.
TVGuide.com: Pat, why'd you say that you and Kate are not "wimps for Jesus"?
Pat: Well, the concern was...maybe we wouldn't be willing to elbow somebody to get a cab. That we would not be willing to really be out there competing and doing what we need to do to win the race. And that is not true. You can respect somebody and still run past them or steal their cab.
TVGuide.com: But thou shalt not steal! Even if it's a cab.
Kate: [Both laugh] But it also says that you can't eat cheeseburgers, and I had a cheeseburger yesterday.
Alright, this story bothers me in many regards but the one question I will ask is; is it possible to win the Amazing Race while displaying Christlike virtue? Now that is a team I would root for. Not one that makes excuses. Read the whole story linked above.
TVGuide.com: Pat, why'd you say that you and Kate are not "wimps for Jesus"?
Pat: Well, the concern was...maybe we wouldn't be willing to elbow somebody to get a cab. That we would not be willing to really be out there competing and doing what we need to do to win the race. And that is not true. You can respect somebody and still run past them or steal their cab.
TVGuide.com: But thou shalt not steal! Even if it's a cab.
Kate: [Both laugh] But it also says that you can't eat cheeseburgers, and I had a cheeseburger yesterday.
Alright, this story bothers me in many regards but the one question I will ask is; is it possible to win the Amazing Race while displaying Christlike virtue? Now that is a team I would root for. Not one that makes excuses. Read the whole story linked above.
